Our volunteers help with the day-to-day tasks that keep our Community Acupuncture practice running, building clean, comfortable and efficient, not to mention being the first face clients meet when they enter the space. This ultimately provides everyone with a comfortable and beneficial experience whether they serve or receive at Heart & Hands.
- THURSDAYS 3 – 7pm ASAP
- On-call subs needed (read for details)
Front desk volunteers requirements:
- Minimum 4 month commitment of a 4 hr weekly shift
- Attend a 2 hour orientation
- Be punctual and appropriately dressed (clean, neutral clothing, fragrance-free)
- Experience with computers is a MUST – you will be trained to make online bookings and operate point-of-sale
- Administrative duties – client paperwork, answering the phone, etc.
- General housekeeping duties – sweeping floors, dishes, dusting, restocking, etc.
- Able to respond to emails within a 48 hr period
- The sub position is a 4 month commitment
- As this position is infrequent & on-call, we need subs to be available for a
MINIMUM of 2 days weekly to allow for flexibility when our regular volunteers need coverage (ie. Mondays 3-7pm & Saturdays 9am – 1pm)
- Please specify your weekly availability when applying
Our weekly shifts:
Monday – Friday 10am – 2pm & 3 – 7pm
Saturday 9am – 1pm & 2 – 6pm
Sunday 10am – 3pm