We need volunteers to assist us with the
operations of our Community Acupuncture practice.
Our volunteers help with the day-to-day tasks that keep our building clean, comfortable and efficient. This ultimately provides everyone with a comfortable and beneficial experience whether they serve or receive at Heart & Hands.
Learn more about our philosophies around OUR practitioner commitment + YOUR patient responsibility, read “What we need for you”.
WE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY ACCEPTING VOLUNTEERS WITH REGULAR AVAILABILITY, for the following positions:
- FRIDAYS 2 – 6pm ASAP
- Individuals interested in participating in our “Marketing Work Party” (various hours)
Front Desk volunteers are required for:
- Must be comfortable with engaging with the public & have comfort working with computers
- Being available for at least 4 volunteer shifts per month &
a minimum 2 month commitment
- Attending a 45 min orientation + read the volunteer handbook
- Administrative duties – front-of-house, new patient orientation, filing, etc.
- Booking online appointments, answering the office phone
- Operating our computerized point-of-sale
- Light housekeeping of the space – ie. sweeping floors, cleaning windows, stocking toilet paper, filling water cooler, etc.
- Assisting periodically with promotion and special events (ie. postering, space rentals, open houses, fund raising days, etc.)
- At this time, we would prefer that our volunteers be at least 18 years of age for safety and legal reasons.
In exchange for 4-5 weekly shifts (depending on the month), volunteers are entitled to a monthly 4 session punchcard for Community Acupuncture sessions ($80-120 value).
For more information, please contact Christina Chan:
250-590-3185 (Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm ONLY)
heartandhands,firstname.lastname@example.org (please allow up to 12 hrs for a response)
Please include a cover letter + contact information stating your interest in volunteering with us!
Can’t commit to regular volunteer shifts?
There are other ways you can help us help the community,
“How to spread the Qi”.